SGX sees volume growth year-on-year in February
* Securities average daily trading value was $1.17 billion in February, up by 12% year-on-year though down 3% month-on-month. Total trading value was up 1% year-on-year and down 17% to $21 billion from a month earlier.
* Bond listings totalled 29 raising $8.7 billion. This amount was down by 2% year-on-year and 44% lower month-on-month.
* Derivatives average daily trading volume rose by 31% year-on-year but down about 20% month-on-month. Total derivatives volume in February 2015 was 9.7 million contracts, up 21% year-on-year and down about 34% month-on-month. Open interest rose 1% to 3.3 million contracts year-on-year and 5% month-on-month.
* SGX FX futures volume continued to improve from a year earlier. In February, SGX FX futures traded a total of 207, 618 contracts, which is more than 18 times the volume a year earlier but down by 13% month-on-month.
* Volume of cleared OTC SGD Interest Rate Swaps was $9.8 billion, up 84% year-on-year but 6% lower month-on-month, as market rates continued to remain volatile.
* SICOM rubber futures, the world’s benchmark for physical rubber pricing, traded a total of 53,353 contracts in February. This was an increase of 78% year-on-year and up 13% month-on-month.
* Total AsiaClear volume was 342,942 contracts; rose by three times the volume a year before though it was down 36% month-on-month.