Thomson Reuters 4th Pan-Asian Regulatory Summit
Venue: The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia, 7 Raffles Avenue, Singapore
This year’s summit is set to deliver a line-up of leading regulators and industry experts to debate critical issues specific to financial services regulatory challenges and reform. Some of the keynote speakers in this year’s summit include:
• Ravi Menon, Managing Director, The Monetary Authority of Singapore
• Benedicte Nolens, Senior Director, Head of Risk & Strategy, Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission
• Mark Steward, Executive Director, Enforcement Division, Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission
• Yang Shaojun, Vice Director General, China Banking Regulatory Commission
• Xiangmin Liu, Deputy Director General, People’s Bank of China
• Sean Hughes, Chief Executive Officer, New Zealand Financial Markets Authority
• Leas Bachatene, VP & Managing Director Governance, Risk & Compliance Asia Pacific, Thomson Reuters
The conference will look at wide range of themes and issues with panel discussions providing a provocative exchange of views on:
• Does Asia have a unified voice in addressing global regulatory matters?
• Are Asia’s concerns being addressed by global regulatory bodies?
• How are Asia’s regulators addressing the concerns of the financial industry?
• Is private banking the same in Asia as in the rest of the world?
• Has the financial industry lost its bearing by not putting investors first and is there enough transparency in the system?
• What will happen to Asian jurisdictions that have not entered into an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) with the U.S. tax authority?
• Is there sufficient cross border alignment and collaboration?