Strong growth in SGX Derivatives, Commodities and OTC clearing
Singapore Exchange (SGX) said Jan 5 volumes in derivatives, commodities and OTC clearing have grown strongly from a year ago.
– As at 31 December 2010, there were 782 companies listed on SGX Mainboard and Catalist, with a combined market capitalisation of $902 billion.
– Securities market volume for December 2010 was at $28 billion with an SDAV of $1.2 billion.
Derivatives and Commodities Markets
– Derivatives market volume was at 4.9 million contracts in the month of December, with an average daily volume of 223,448.
– SGX S&P CNX Nifty Index futures achieved volume of 865,769 contracts, which is 33% higher year-on-year.
– AsiaClear volume rose 50% year-on-year to 11,263 contracts, with open interest up 42% to 20,526.
– Commodities volume continues to grow, at 189% year-on-year.
The consolidated overview of the securities, derivatives and commodities markets can be found on SGX website. Please visit: