Shanghai Futures Exchange Trading System Testing
The Exchange will conduct a trading system testing for the listing of hot-rolled coil futures on March 15, 2014, and now the relevant issues are announced as follows:
I. Trading parameters for the hot-rolled coil futures contract testing
The parameters for hot-rolled coil futures contract are as follows:
1. Contract symbol: HC;
2. Contract size: 10 tons/lot;
3. Price quotation: (RMB) Yuan/ton;
4. Minimum price fluctuation: 2 Yuan/ton;
5. Daily Price Limit: within 4% up or down the settlement price of the previous trading day;
6. Contract series: monthly contract of the recent 12 months from January to December, the contract symbols for the testing are HC1407, HC1408, HC1409, HC1410, HC1411, HC1412, HC1501, HC1502, HC1503;
7. Last trading day: the 15th day of the delivery month (If it is a public holiday, the last trading day shall be the 1st business day after the holiday);
8. Minimum trade margin: 6% of contract value;
9. Delivery size: 300 tons.
II. Schedule and data preparation
1. The testing will be held on March 15, 2014 in the following schedule to simulate the trading on March 21. The involvement by all members’ remote trading seats is required.
(1) 08:55－09:00: Call Auction
(2) 09:00－10:15: 1st Trading Session;
(3) 10:30－11:30: 2nd Trading Session;
(4) 13:30－15:00: 3rd Trading Session;
(5) 15:00: End of testing
2. On March 15, the testing will adopt the trading data on the closing of the previous trading day, including contract prices, open interest, hedging quotas and client data for all the products except hot-rolled coil to simulate the trading on March 21. The latest hot-rolled coil futures price is used as the opening guide price to set the price limit. The price limit for the testing is 4 (8% on the 1st day of listing), and the margin rate for the testing is 6%.
III. Communication parameters
The Exchange will apply its official trading system to this testing, and relevant communication parameters are as follows:
1. FENS server’s IP addresses: 192.168.11.31, 192.168.11.32, 192.168.12.41, 192.168.12.42, 192.168.16.31 and 192.168.16.32.
2. TCP port number used by FENS server to gain access to the address parameters for trading front-end is 4901 while the SSL port number for such purpose is 4911; TCP port number used by FENS server to gain access to the address parameters for market data front-end is 4903 while the SSL port number for such purpose is 4913.
3. For the safety control strategy of each unit, the TCP port 4901, 4911, 4903, 4913, 33005, 44305, 33011 and 44311 on network segment 192.168.11.X, 192.168.12.X and 192.168.16.X as well as the TCP port 80, 443 and 7002 on network segment 192.168.9.X, 192.168.13.X and 192.168.17.X shall be made accessible.
IV. Testing requirements
The involvement by all the remote trading seats of the Exchange’s Future-firm members into this testing is required. All participants shall:
1. Work out a thorough testing plan by contacting respective software suppliers prior to the testing; carefully inspect data recovery after the testing;
2. do well in system and data backup before the testing, and restore from the backup after the testing so as not to affect the normal operation on the next trading day;
3. Focus on hot-rolled coil futures trading;
4. Complete Shanghai Futures Exchange System Testing Form (see the appendix) and send it to the Exchange’s IT Center via e-mail;
5. Conduct the testing data isolation properly (on the part of market data distributors) to avoid the mixing of testing data and official data.