SGX September Statistics 2012
Singapore Exchange (SGX) said October 3 securities and derivatives activities grew in September from a year earlier.
* Daily average value grew 4% year-on-year to S$1.4 billion while total value traded was 6% lower at S$28.2 billion due to fewer trading days.
* Exchange traded funds turnover halved to S$573 million from a year earlier
* Value of bond listings quadrupled to S$17.9 billion. Bangkok Bank was the biggest issuer, raising a total US$1.2 billion.
* Daily average volume grew 4% from a year earlier to 364,473 contracts; total volume was 2% lower at 7.1 million contracts.
* Equity index options volume more than doubled to 545,354 contracts, led by a doubling in the volume of Nikkei 225 index options to 498,185 contracts.
* China A50 futures volume tripled to 839,215 contracts but Nikkei 225 futures trading was 15% less at 2.5 million contracts. MSCI Taiwan futures volume was 19% down at 1.4 million contracts while Nifty futures trading was 10% less at 1.3 million contracts.
* SICOM rubber futures trading slid 6% to 23,064 contracts.
* OTC commodities clearing volume more than doubled to 46,062 contracts. Iron ore swaps clearing reached a new monthly record high of 35,414 contracts.
OTC Financials Clearing
* A total S$7.4 billion notional of new OTC Interest Rate Swap transactions were cleared, up 68% from a year earlier
* Since the November 2010 launch, SGX has cleared over S$298 billion notional of OTC IRS.