SGX Securities and Derivatives Volumes Increased Year on Year
Singapore Exchange (SGX) December 2 said its securities and derivatives volumes have increased in November compared to a year ago, as Singapore and regional economies rebounded.
– The securities market was healthy with total market turnover at $40 billion for November, up 46% year-on-year, with an SDAV of $2 billion.
– Total turnover on GlobalQuote including American Depository Receipts rose to $819 million, up 19% from October and a significant increase from last year.
Derivatives and Commodities Markets
– The derivatives market volume increased 22% from last year to 5.4 million contracts. It traded an average daily volume of 264,929, up 18% year-on-year.
– The FTSE Xinhua ChinaA50 Index futures set its third straight record-high monthly volume with 203,351 contracts traded (approximately US$4 billion notional) and open interest of 20,995 contracts (approximately US$0.4 billion notional).
– AsiaClear open interest rose 20% year-on-year to 20,760. In particular, open interest for OTC energy swaps went up 83%.
– SICOM volume continues to grow, at 192% year-on-year.
The consolidated overview of the securities, derivatives and commodities markets is now available on SGX website. Please visit: