SGX Securities and Derivatives Activities Increase in February
Singapore Exchange (SGX) said March 2 trading on its derivatives and securities markets increased in February from a year earlier.
* Securities turnover grew 32% year on year to $31.5 billion with an SDAV of $1.7 billion.
* ETF trading tripled to $628 million from a year earlier. Five Asian sectoral ETFs were added in February, offering customers the region’s most comprehensive suite of sectoral ETFs. The additions bring to 80 the total number of ETFs on SGX.
Derivatives and Commodities Markets
* Derivatives volume was 5.2 million contracts, up 39% from the previous year. The average daily volume was 300,493 contracts.
* Nifty index futures volume grew 55% year on year to 1.1 million contracts while FTSE A50 futures activity continued to increase with volume of 221,729 contracts in February.
* AsiaClear volume in February doubled to 15,571 contracts from a year earlier.
*The OTC financial derivatives clearing business, which began in November, showed good traction with a notional US$24.2 billion of interest rate swaps cleared from the launch to end-February. In February alone, a notional US$10.2 billion of swaps were cleared.
New statistics added to this report include data on securities on loan under the CDP Securities Borrowing and Lending programme and trading statistics for LME-SGX metal futures.
The consolidated overview of the securities, derivatives and commodities markets is available on
SGX’s website at the following link: