SGX Securities and Derivatives Activities Grow in May
* Total securities turnover was S$37.3 billion, up 45% year on year and up 22% month on month
* Daily average value was S$1.8 billion, up 52% from a year earlier and up 28% from April.
* Turnover across most types of securities increased; Singapore dollar-based Mainboard stocks turnover grew 44% year-on-year and up 24% month on month to S$33.9 billion.
* Bond listings almost tripled to S$21.9 billion. The biggest bonds listed included the EUR1.75 billion perpetual bond from Hutchison Whampoa Europe Finance and the 10- and 30-year bonds from Pertamina of US$1.625 billion each.
* Total futures and options volume was a record 11.0 million contracts, up 59% year on year and up 13% month on month. Volume hit a one-day record of 1.2 million contracts on 28 May.
* Daily average volume was 512,880 contracts, up 60% year on year and up 6% month on month
* Nikkei futures volume doubled year on year to 4.8 million contracts and was up 22% month on month. Nikkei options volume almost quadrupled to a record 1.1 million contracts from a year earlier, and was up 12% month on month.
* China A50 futures volume more than doubled to 1.6 million contracts from a year earlier. Volume was also up 7% month on month.
* Month-end open interest doubled to 3.6 million contracts from a year earlier and was up 13% month on month.
* Volume of new OTC financial derivatives transactions cleared was S$6.8 billion, up 55% year on year but down 3% month on month.
* SICOM rubber futures volume was 34,671 contracts, up 45% year on year and up 28% month on month.
* Volume of cleared OTC swaps and options doubled to a record 50,980 contracts from a year earlier and was up 21% month on month.
* Cleared iron ore swaps volume almost tripled to a record-high 40,970 contracts from a year earlier and was up 24% month on month.