SGX OTC Clearing and Derivatives Trading Continue to Grow in January
Singapore Exchange (SGX) said February 8 volumes achieved by its derivatives market and OTC clearing business increased in January from a year earlier.
* Securities turnover totaled $37.2 billion with an SDAV of $1.8 billion.
* ETF trading more than doubled to $789 million year on year.
Derivatives and Commodities Markets
* Derivatives volume was 5.1 million contracts, up 2% from the previous year. The average
daily volume was 260,233.
*Nifty futures (SGX S&P CNX Nifty Index futures) achieved volume of 1.19 million contracts,
up 42% from a year earlier, while FTSE China A50 Index futures volume was 62% higher at
214,648 contracts from December.
* Total options volume was 115,486, more than six times that of a year earlier.
* AsiaClear volume in January rose 42% year on year to 16,765 contracts, with OTC iron ore
swaps volume up 57% at 4,441 contracts.
The consolidated overview of the securities, derivatives and commodities markets is available on
SGX’s website at the following link: