SGX October Trading Statistics
• Value of securities traded fell 6% year-on-year to $24.7 billion; daily average value of securities traded declined 6% to $1.1 billion.
• A total of 48 bonds raising $16.5 billion were listed. The biggest debt listed was Origin Energy Finance’s EUR800 million bond.
• Derivatives volume rose 20% year-on-year to 8.5 million contracts.
• Open interest at end-October rose 62% from a year earlier to 3.7 million contracts. Record-high open interest of 3.8 million contracts was achieved on 29 October 2013.
• China A50 futures volume rose 65% to 1.7 million contracts, MSCI Taiwan futures trading grew 9% to 1.5 million contracts while Nikkei 225 futures activity increased 11% to 2.4 million contracts. The MSCI Indonesia futures volume tripled to 29,717 contracts.
• The value of OTC interest rate swaps cleared fell 51% to $4.3 billion.
• Volume of OTC commodity swaps cleared increased 9% year-on-year to 38,851 contracts; volume of AsiaClear OTC iron ore swaps cleared rose 35% to 36,470 contracts.
• Volume of the recently-launched AsiaClear futures stood at 26,328 contracts in October, 10 times the volume in September. AsiaClear iron ore futures volume was 25,158 contracts, 14 times the volume a month earlier.
• SICOM rubber futures volume slid 3% from a year earlier to 26,045 contracts.