SGX May Securities and Derivatives Volumes
Singapore Exchange (SGX) said securities and derivatives trading activity declined in May from a year earlier, in line with other global markets.
* Turnover fell 17% year on-year and 10% from a month earlier to $29.2 billion; securities daily
average volume was $1.5 billion.
* Exchange traded fund trading rose 16% to $1.1 billion from a year earlier.
* Volume fell 17% to 5.0 million contracts from a year earlier but was up 2% from April; derivatives
daily average volume was 243,948 contracts.
* Nifty futures volume was 1.2 million contracts, up 16% year on year.
* Volume of OTC commodity contracts cleared increased 6% to 11,242 contracts from a year
* Volume of iron ore swaps cleared hit a new record high of 6,905 contracts, up 73% from a year
* Volume of Interest Rate Swaps cleared totaled US$76.5 billion from the November 2010 launch
to 31 May 2011.