SGX Derivatives Volumes Grow in July
* Total securities turnover was S$27.5 billion, up 2% year on year; securities daily average value (SDAV) was down 3% to S$1.2 billion year-on-year.
* Catalist turnover more than doubled year-on-year to S$1.3 billion.
* Turnover of foreign-currency based Mainboard shares increased 48% to S$1.4 billion.
* Funds raised from bond listings decreased 53% year-on-year to S$10.9 billion. The biggest bonds listed included a US$1 billion Indonesian sovereign bond and a US$700 million bond issue from Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation.
* Total futures and options volume increased 52% year-on-year to 8.8 million contracts.
* Year-on-year, China A50 Index Futures volume more than doubled to 1.7 million contracts and MSCI Taiwan Index Futures was up 30% to 1.9 million contracts. Nifty Index Futures was up 15% to 1.3 million contracts. Nikkei 225 Index Futures was up 44% from a year earlier to 2.7 million contracts and MSCI Indonesia Index Futures more than quadrupled to 32,737 contracts.
* Month-end open interest was up 21% year-on-year to 994,317 contracts.
* SICOM rubber futures volume was 21,603 contracts, up 6% from a year earlier.
* A total S$5.3 billion notional of new OTC financial derivatives transactions were cleared, a decline of 23% year-on-year.
* Volume of OTC commodities cleared increased 68% year-on-year to 50,547 contracts.
* Volume of iron ore swaps cleared more than doubled to 46,433 contracts from a year earlier.