SGX Derivatives Volume Grows in April
Singapore Exchange (SGX) said May 4 its derivatives market experienced higher volume in April.
* Securities daily average value shrank 4% year on year to $1.6 billion due to continued market uncertainties. Total securities turnover was $32.3 billion, down 8%.
* Exchange traded fund turnover grew 43% year on year to $696 million.
* Derivatives daily average volume was up 12% from a year earlier at 252,401 contracts while total volume rose 3% to 4.9 million contracts.
* Nifty futures trading increased 37% from a year earlier to 1.1 million contracts while FTSE China A50 futures volume was 193,884 contracts in April.
* Clearing of OTC interest rate swaps continued to grow with April volume at a notional US$33.6 billion and cumulative volume since the November 2010 launch at a notional US$70.5 billion.
The consolidated overview of the securities, derivatives and commodities markets is now available on
the SGX website.