SGX Commodities and Derivatives Activity Grows in June
Singapore Exchange (SGX) said today that its commodities and clearing businesses continued to enjoy strong growth in June.
– Securities trading saw a slower month in June. Securities daily average value was S$1.2 billion, down 26% year on year.
– Exchange traded funds were active as June trading rose 38% on year to $473 million.
– The total number of listed securities as at end June was 763 from 752 a year ago.
Derivatives and Commodities Market
– Futures and Options average daily trading volume grew 5% year on year to 240,292 contracts, mainly due to strong activity in Japanese and Indian equity index futures.
– Trading of the SGX S&P CNX Nifty Index Futures grew 44% year on year in June to 870,676, proving that SGX remains a key market for access to Asian economies including India’s.
– Total SICOM volume was seven times that of a year ago at 161,670 contracts as trading of the gold contract continued to grow.
– AsiaClear continued to enjoy strength as iron ore and energy swaps cleared more than doubled from a year ago.
New data in the June monthly statistics report include securities borrowing and lending volume transfer. SGX will continue to improve the statistics report in the months ahead to meet the needs of users. The consolidated overview of the securities, derivatives and commodities markets is now available at: http://www.sgx.com/wps/portal/marketplace/mp-en/prices_indices_statistics/market_statistics