SGX Achieves Successful Month for Gold Spot Contract, Nikkei Dividend and China A50 Futures
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is pleased to announce record volumes for its Gold Deferred Settlement contract, Nikkei dividend and China A50 futures contracts for the month of September 2010.
* Securities trading remains healthy month-on-month, with total securities market turnover at $38 billion for September, 20% increase from August. Daily average value for September was $1.8 billion, 20% higher than in August.
* Funds raised through new bond listings increased month-on-month to $19 billion, up 39%
* Total market capitalisation as at 30 September 2010 is $778 billion.
Derivatives and Commodities Markets
* FTSE Xinhua ChinaA50 Index futures set a record monthly volume of 42,115 contracts
(approximately US$758 million notional) with open interest of 7,637 contracts (approximately US$137.5 million notional). As the only offshore futures contract on the
China A-share market, the contract is well received by global investors and trades at 1%
premium over the cash index.
* Since the launch of the world’s first Asian dividend futures contract on 17 June 2010,
14,132 contracts (approximately JPY42.4 billion of notional) have been traded. A record
volume of 4,530 contracts (approximately JPY13.6 billion notional) for SGX Nikkei Dividend
Futures contract was achieved in September 2010, with open interest of 5,511 contracts
(approximately JPY16.5 billion notional).
* Trading volume for Gold Deferred Settlement contract doubled to 73,949 contracts month-on-month.
The consolidated overview of the securities, derivatives and commodities markets is now
available on SGX website. Please visit: