OSE Trading Overview February 2011
1. Derivatives trading volume during the former lunch break time (from 11:00 to 12:30) accounted for 5.6% of the total trading volume after the new derivatives trading system “J-GATE” launched.
2. Average daily trading volume of Nikkei 225 Options in February was 228,140 units, which recorded the second highest since 263,256 units in May 2010 on a month basis.
3. Average daily trading volume of Security Options in February was 11,865 units, which hit a record high level since 13,235 units in May 2004 on a month basis.
4. Average daily trading volume of OSE-FX in February was 34,650 units, which recorded the second highest since 35,939 units in November 2010.
5. Average daily trading value of JASDAQ in February was 32.29 billion yen, which hit a record high level since 34.364 billion yen in April 2010 for four consecutive months after the market integration.
6. Both the trading volume and the trading value of “Simplex WTI ETF” in February marked a record high. The trading volume was 691,014 units, which showed a 215.1% rise over the preceding month. The trading value was 3.852 billion yen, which showed a 220.3% rise over the preceding month.
Also both the trading volume and the trading value of “KOKUSAI S&P500 VIX SHORT-TERM FUTURES INDEX ETF” recorded the highest on a month basis. The trading volume was 158,304 units (54.0% rise), and the trading value was 1.625 billion yen (41.1% rise).