Nomura Goes Live with smartTrade Technologies Liquidity Management System
smartTrade Technologies, an industry leader in cross-asset liquidity management software (LMS) for banks, broker-dealers, asset managers, and large hedge funds today announced one of its newest clients, Nomura who recently went into production on the smartTrade Technologies Liquidity Management System. Nomura chose the smartTrade Liquidity Management System to support its electronic trading business across its asset classes including Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income, and Interest Rate Swaps business lines.
After a rigourous review process, it was decided by Nomura that smartTrade’s Liquidity Management Software provided an open and flexible platform to support not only the individual asset classes of FX, Fixed Income, and Interest Rate Swaps for aggregation, crossing/internalization, and smart order routing, but more importantly smartTrade’s Liquidity Management System had the ability to support their cross asset strategies. The smartTrade Technologies’ Liquidity Management Software is comprised of 5 components including:
* Liquidity Aggregator™ – combines liquidity from various external and internal sources within a single order book to create various levels of aggregated views.
* Liquidity Crosser™ – a fast, scalable matching engine that can be used for either internalization or crossing of orders, or dark pools implementations.
* Liquidity Orchestrator™ – enables traders to define their rules for smart order routing (SOR), permitting an infinite combination of execution strategies and SOR possibilities to be achieved across internal and external venues.
* Liquidity Connect™ – a low-latency connectivity framework that supports natively FIX, FIX / FAST and bespoke protocols.
* Liquidity Distributor™ a highly scalable component that enables organizations to create custom distribution strategies for Market Data, Price Spreading, and Trading Limits Management.
The ease of integration and connectivity provided by the smartTrade platform enabled a quick time-to-market implementation for Nomura.
Abid Zaidi, Head of Fixed Income Technology, EMEA, said,” the choice of smartTrade’s LMS has proven to be an efficient way to implement new and advanced trading services within our firm. Its high level of openness and cross-asset capabilities enables us to deploy replicable patterns across multiple asset classes.”
CEO and Founder of smartTrade Technologies, Harry Gozlan, said “We are delighted that Nomura has chosen the smartTrade LMS trading platform. This continues to demonstrate our ability to support the Tier-1 market with a technology platform that is proven, dynamic, reliable, and can scale with the company. The smartTrade LMS platform will enable Nomura to trade more efficiently and we look forward to continuing to grow our relationship with Nomura in the coming year.”