MCX Q2 2013 Results
Quarter 2, FY 2012-13 results
• In the quarter ended September 30, 2012, MCX’s total income increased by 13% to Rs. 164.78 crore from Rs. 146.23 crore in the previous quarter ended June 30, 2012.
• Net Profit for the quarter increased by 26% to Rs. 84.41 crore from Rs. 64.74 crore in the previous quarter.
• The EBITDA margin improved from 68% in to 70% and PAT margin from 44% to 49% as compared to the previous quarter.
• The average daily turnover traded on the Exchange increased by 7% to Rs. 51,054 crore during Q2 FY 13 as compared to Rs. 47,888 crore during the previous quarter.
• According to data maintained by the regulator of commodity markets in India, Forward Markets Commission (FMC), the value of the turnover traded on MCX represents 86.4% of the Indian commodity futures industry for the half year ended Sept 30, 2012 as against 86% in the fiscal 2012.
Mr. Shreekant Javalgekar, MD & CEO, MCX said: “MCX’s performance has been steady considering the low volatility in commodity prices witnessed during the period. We are happy to note that the Exchange has been able to maintain an edge in terms of market share of the Indian commodity futures market. Our sustained efforts focused on creating innovative products received commendation once again with MCX winning the FOW Award for its Gold Petal futures contract under the most innovative new contract by an exchange in the metals category.”