LSEG Signs Strategic Partnership with Mongolian Stock Exchange
London Stock Exchange Group (“LSEG”) and the Mongolian State Property Committee (“SPC”) announced January 18 that they have signed an exclusive Strategic Partnership Agreement to restructure and develop the Mongolian Stock Exchange (“MSE”).
Speaking ahead of an event marking the twentieth anniversary of the MSE today, Xavier Rolet, Chief Executive of LSEG, said:
“We are thrilled to have been chosen to partner with the Mongolian Stock Exchange as it enters a new and exciting period in its development. Mongolia is predicted to become one of the world’s fastest growing economies and we are delighted to be providing our extensive expertise and assistance at this critical time. The London Stock Exchange Group is very much looking forward to working with business, government and the people of Mongolia in the growth and privatisation of its significant capital markets.”
Mr. D. Sugar, Chairman of the Mongolian State Property Committee, which owns the MSE, said:
“We are very excited to have London Stock Exchange Group as a partner in the modernisation and development of the MSE. Its global and technological expertise will be invaluable to the creation of a new capital markets infrastructure worthy of Mongolia’s increasing significance on the world stage.”
Under the agreement LSEG will collaborate with the SPC in a number of areas, including:
• LSEG will appoint a management team at the MSE to oversee its development and privatisation;
• LSEG’s MillenniumIT, the leading global exchange technology provider, will provide trading and surveillance infrastructure to the MSE;
• Using the LSEG Academy, both parties will conduct a comprehensive training programme on capital markets infrastructure and legislative framework for MSE officers, clients and officers of the Mongolia Financial Regulatory Commission;
• LSEG will advise the SPC on the modernisation of market rules, procedures, structure and operation at the MSE;
• LSEG will provide assistance in the broadening of tradable asset classes at the MSE, to derivatives and ETFs; and
• LSEG will work to implement an international standard Mongolian market index.