JPX Trading Overview In October 2014
Cash Equity Market
– In October 2014, daily average trading value for the TSE 1st Section was JPY 2.5578 trillion, exceeding JPY 2.5 trillion for the first time in 8 months since February 2014.
– In the ETF market, trading value was JPY 4.0062 trillion, a record high since the market was launched.
– For the TSE 2nd Section, trading value was JPY 1.0276 trillion, exceeding JPY 1 trillion for the second consecutive month.
– Trading volume in the derivatives market reached a total of 37,875,171 contracts, a new high since June 2013. Among the major derivative products, Nikkei 225 mini trading volume reached 26,581,181 contracts, the 2nd-highest level on record.
– Trading volume for the night session was 14,482,649, the 2nd-highest level on record. The ratio of the night session reached 38.2%, a record high.
– For mini TOPIX futures, trading volume in October reached 726,594 contracts, a record high.
– For Nikkei 225 VI futures, trading volume in October reached 38,242 contracts, the 2nd-highest level on record.
– For DJIA Futures, monthly trading volume reached 10,732 contracts, a record high.
The cash equity market is operated by TSE, while the derivatives market is operated by OSE.