JPX Trading Overview August 2014
– In August 2014, daily average trading value for the TSE 1st Section was JPY 1.9476 trillion.
– In the ETF market, trading value in August was JPY 1.9320 trillion.
– For the TSE 2nd Section, trading value rose by 46.3% to JPY 909.6 billion, a new high since February 2006.
– Trading volume in the derivatives market reached a total of 21,507,122 contracts.
– Trading volume for the night session was 6,877,072 contracts. The ratio of the night session reached 32.0%, a record high.
– For Nikkei 225 VI futures, trading volume in August grew to 33,675 contracts, reaching a record high for the third consecutive month.
– For DJIA Futures, monthly trading volume reached 8,194 contracts, a record high.
The cash equity market is operated by TSE, while the derivatives market is operated by OSE.