Hong Kong SFC Releases Quarterly Report
In its Quarterly Report released February 26, the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) summarises key regulatory developments in the reporting period of October to December 2012.
• issued consultation conclusions on its proposed initial public offering sponsor regime in December. The new requirements will apply to listing applications submitted on or after 1 October 2013;
• put in place the new statutory disclosure regime under which Hong Kong-listed companies are required to disclose inside information to the public from 1 January 2013;
• launched the Asia Pacific Takeovers Regulators Forum with the Securities Commission, Malaysia to facilitate an exchange of views regarding takeovers-related matters;
• co-hosted a seminar and a roundtable with the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development to discuss financial consumer protection and investor education in Asia;
• reviewed the listing application for conversion from B shares to H shares for listing in Hong Kong, a first for a company to conduct such conversion;
• issued a theme inspection report on the selling practices of licensed corporations to highlight deficiencies and shortcomings;
• authorized the first dual-counter Renminbi Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor A-share exchange-traded fund; and
• supported the official launch of the Investor Education Centre in November.
The report is available under “Published resources> Corporate publications> Quarterly reports” on the SFC website.