Details on the HKEx Colo Service
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEx) will offer Hosting Services at its Next Generation Data Centre (NGDC) in Hong Kong’s Tseung Kwan O Industrial Estate.
HKEx’s Hosting Services will further support Hong Kong’s financial markets community using an Ecosystem approach. Hosting Services will be made available to HKEx Exchange Participants as well as technology and communications providers who will be able to interact within the Ecosystem. This will allow infrastructure and software provisioning by hosted technology vendors.
Access to the Cash Market (Main Board and GEM, the Growth Enterprise Market) is planned to be rolled out in Q4 2012 with the Derivatives Market coming on line in Q2 2013 and Clearing and Settlement systems live in Q4 2013.
Up to 1,200 cabinets of server space at an average power allocation of 6kW per cabinet will be made available in phased releases.
Major Hosting Services Components:
* Tier 4 data center specification
* Low latency access to Cash & Derivatives Markets
* Low latency direct market data feeds
* Interactive Ecosystem environment supporting electronic trading
* Flexible power and space packages offering both racked and caged environments
* Broad Telecommunications Carrier access